Environment & Community
TXD work partners are committed to preserving our environment, enhancing health and well-being and fulfilling our social and community responsibilities.
- We promote building materials that the Consumer Products Safety Commission and Environmental Protection Agency rate among the most healthy and environmentally friendly.
- We have been EPA Green Power Partners since 2006, utilizing wind power for 100% of our electricity.
- We subsidize work partner purchases or electric and hybrid gas-electric vehicles and use of alternative transportation.
- We involve all work partners in recycling and operation initiatives (i.e. energy efficient lighting, electric fork lifts, buying green).
- We also subsidize work partner home energy audits, gardening, tree planting, community-supported agriculture and other individual eco-actions.
- We provide paid time off for volunteer work.