Tile By Design is a locally owned importer and wholesale distributor providing a range of consultation services to trade professionals and the general public. We supply projects large and small, residential and commercial, regional and national. Our focus is triple bottom line: people, planet and profits.
Our mission is to provide you the best possible ceramic and stone shopping experience. That starts with a beautiful showroom, a large inventory and work partners dedicated to service, innovation and creativity.
We pride ourselves on helping you find the right products for your project.
(tile) x [DESIGN] = Results! Our creative equation is not just wishful thinking. It really works. Projects we furnished won Ceramic Tiles of Italy national competitions in 2001, 2002, 2004, 2007 and 2012; Spectrum national competitions in 2005 and 2008; and, annually, several state and local awards.
Check out our Portfolio.
Our award-winning showroom is designed to inspire you. Visit us Monday through Saturday to explore our gallery of design ideas. Appointments with our design staff are available weekdays to give your project exclusive attention. Experience our Open Gallery Saturdays and explore at your own pace.
TxD's Plymouth showroom is really three showrooms in one. There's something for everyone ...
Main Showroom—Primarily for residential customers, the main showroom emphasizes inventoried products
and those with lead times of six weeks or less.
Studio Showroom—Contemporary and design forward, this showroom displays more architectural products. Lead times are typically six to 10 weeks.
Outlet—We've moved the Outlet next to the main showroom for your convenience. Save BIG on first-quality tiles that are discontinued or limited stock.
Environment & community
TxD work partners are committed to preserving our environment, enhancing health and well-being and fulfilling our social and community responsibilities.
• We promote building materials that the Consumer Products Safety Commission and Environmental Protection Agency rate among the most healthy and environmentally friendly. See our FAQs and Sustainable Design Guide for more information.
• We utilize Windsource® from Xcel Energy for 100 percent of our electricity.
• We subsidize work partner purchases of electric and hybrid gas-electric vehicles and use of alternative transportation.
• We involve all work partners in recycling and operational initiatives (i.e. energy-efficient lighting, electric fork lifts, buying green).
• We also subsidize work partner home energy audits, gardening, tree planting, community-supported agriculture and other individual eco-actions.
• We provide paid time off for community volunteer work.
• Check out our scrapbook.